The Department of English, Duliajan College has a proud legacy of 54 years. It started functioning in the year 1969 when the institution was first founded with the Arts stream. Ever since its inception, the department has been catering to the literary, linguistic, creative and aesthetic needs of the academic community associated with it and the society of which it is an integral part. The department is uniquely positioned with a wide outreach as English is a core subject across streams. The department prides in the richness of its alumni who are spread across the globe serving society in various capacities.
Our statement of Values:
Literature is a sanctuary. Great literature cannot exist if it is based on hate, fear, exclusion or injustice. Writers cannot write if they are incapable of empathy. As teachers of literature we are committed to these literary principles and human values which manifest themselves beyond books through inclusion, diversity, respect, empathy and love.
• To make students fluent and confident users of English by enhancing LSRW skills.
• To enable students to comprehend nuances of the English language.
• To help students understand various genres of literature from a multi-cultural perspective.
• To hone employability skills of the students for professional enhancement.
• To kindle students’ creativity and enhance their research aptitude.