DULIAJAN COLLEGE LIBRARY
BACKGROUND OF LIBRARY
1969 : The Library established
2008 : Automation of the library through installation of SOUL 1.0
2008: Observed Librarians’ Day and Organised Book fair
2010 : Introduced Automated Circulation
2011 : Initiation of E-Resources section through joining NLIST Programme of INFLIBNET
2014 : Shifted to New Library Building
2015 : Installation of SOUL 2.0
2016 : Initiation of Bar Code system
2016: Published Newsletter vol.1,2015-2016
2020 : Initiation of Digital Library(Institutional Repository) through DSpace
2023 : Up gradation of SOUL 2.0 to SOUL 3.0
Duliajan college Library was established in 1969 along with its parent organization Duliajan
College. From the very beginning it has tried to serve library users by different collection of books,
journals , magazines, newspaper, e-resources and other services. Now the library has a good
number of books (22,890 nos.) on all the teaching as well as other disciplines. The library also
receives some research journals and magazines out of which some journals are received by way of
subscription and other journals are received as gift. The library has different sections that is
Circulation section, Digital library, Internet browsing section, Book bank section, Reference and
Rare book section, Back volume section, Local collection section etc.
The library has registered membership with INFLIBNET’S N-LIST e-resources programme. It
provides 31,35,000 e-books and 6000 e-journals.
Duliajan College Library is using Software for University Libraries 3.0 (SOUL 3.0) for management
of library resources and DSpace is used to create Digital Library. The library also uses DDC 22
Edition classification scheme for document classification purposes.
The library has been published a ‘NEWSLETTER’ from the year 2015 and observed Librarians’ Day
in every year with programme like Book talk, different competition among student.
MANAGEMENT OF THE LIBRARY
- To support all the teaching-learning activities of the college.
- To collect, preserve and circulate information and knowledge to students, research scholars and other academic communities.
- To promote the use of various sources of information and knowledge among the users.
- To provide a silent and comfortable reading environment to create and encourage the reading habits of the users.
- To maintain universal and democratic ethos of library.
The whole management system has been governed by an honourable Library Advisory
Committee has been constituted as follows.
President : Principal of the college
Convener : Librarian of the college
Member : IQAC Co-ordinator
Member: One faculty from Arts stream
Member: One faculty from Science stream
Member: One faculty from Commerce stream
POWER AND FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
Some of the important functions of the Library Advisory Committee are as follows:
1. To finalize the policy matters include approved the Library annual Budget with different
categories of expenditure like, Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, Library equipments and
Staff requirement etc.
2. To finalize working hours and days of the library
3. To finalize the Circulation Policy of the library that is no of books to be issued to different
categories of users, period of issue, fine charges for late return, charge of print and photocopy
services and other related matters.
4. To adopt policy for weeding out books, journals, newspapers etc and policy for writing off losses
of library documents due to any circumstances.
5. To take decision on the procurement of equipments and ICT infrastructure of the library
6. To discuss in detail on the development of the library including space, services, furniture,
internet facility etc.
7. To discuss any other problem may faced by the Librarian in running daily activities of the library
8. The Library Committee has the power to advice for execution of decisions taken in the meeting
and review of the same
9. To take decision on purchasing books. After scrutinized the collected booklist from Departments
and Vendors, the librarian placed it to Library Committee for prior approval and after approval
from LC Librarian can placed order for purchasing the same.
10. The Library Advisory Committee tenure will be 5 years. At least 2 meeting must be held in a year.
The library services are open to registered members only. The following categories of persons are
eligible to enrol as members of the library
|Higher Secondary Course
||Registered HS Students of Duliajan College
||Registered Undergraduate Students of DC
||Teaching staff of the Duliajan College
||Administrative & Technical staff and all other office staff
Only registered members are allowed to borrow books from the library. The following table provides
borrowing privileges for various categories of members .
CODE OF CONDUCT IN THE LIBRARY
|H S student
- The Library remains open 9.00 am to 4.00 pm for issue and return of books.
- One non-transferable library card will be issued to each student for home lending of books.
- Loss or damage of the reader’s card must be reported immediately to the librarian. Duplicate card may
be issued after proper verification.
- Any misuse of the reader’s card may lead to cancellation of privilege enjoyed by the member.
- The students may retain books borrowed from the library for a period of 15 (fifteen) days.
- If He/She does not return the book within 15 (fifteen) days, a fine of Rs.1.00 (one) per day up to 15
(fifteen) days and Rs.2.00 (two) per day thereafter will be imposed.
- Readers should be carefully examining the books issued to them before leaving the circulation counter.
- Books may be renewed on request on discretion of the library authority.
- The Library reserves the right of recalling a book, whenever necessary and searching a student in case
of any suspicion
- Readers are required to maintain the order of the books on the shelves.
- Students can inform any problem about the library to the notice of the librarian.
- Students are not allowed to take own books or belonging to stack area.
- The students are hereby directed to keep silent when they are present in the library.
-REFERENCE and RARE BOOKS
-CURRENT PRINT JOURNALS and MAGAZINES
-BACK VOLUME OF PRINT JOURNALS and MAGAZINES
-DAILY NEWS PAPERS
-E-RESOURCES THROUGH N-LIST PROGRAMME
-CDs and DVDs
-COMPETATIVE EXAMINATION PREPARATION BOOKS
- GLOBE and MAPS
- PUMPHLET and LOCAL PUBLICATIONS on Different subject